toy camera strap diy
I’ve been using my film cameras a lot more since making my little camera display. I decided I wanted a fancier strap for my mini Diana (it came with a tiny, black, plain plastic one). So…I made one with some supplies I had on hand & a few I purchased. It was simple & only took me about 10 minutes to make, so I made two!! [tutorial below]
Here are the details:
– needle nose pliers
– clasps (found in jewelry section of craft store)
– copper wire (found in jewelry section of craft store)
– safety pin
– leather cord (also found in jewelry section)
1. cut cord into 3 pieces, attach one end with safety pin to something stable (I used an armchair) & braid until desired length. I made mine 35 inches.
2. slip ends through clasp
3. fold over & wrap excess with copper jewelry wire. I used the pliers to clamp ends down (so I don’t get poked) & I trimmed the excess leather
4. TA-DA!!! Now you have a super simple cute camera strap!
I think I like the look of them doubled on the mini Diana! I have some more fun diy’s up my sleeve that I will be sharing soon! ♥
Hello!! My name is Meghan, I’m a 28 year old self-taught knitter & university-taught artist that lives & breaths all things colorful, texture-ful & magical. I love many things but some of the constants are knitting, photography, collecting cameras (especially traditional film & polaroids), crafting & spending time with my family. I’m a do-it-yourself kinda gal that is willing to try everything once & loves learning new things.